The Defender product range is designed, manufactured and tested by working at height safety specialists, Workplace Access & Safety. A leader in the height safety industry, Workplace Access & Safety’s products and services are fully compliant to Australian Safety Standards, with the assurance of key independent 3rd party accreditations, including:
NATA Accredited Testing
Defender products are rigorously tested in Workplace Access & Safety’s NATA-accredited fall prevention facility. NATA is the authority that provides independent assurance of technical competence through a proven network of best practice industry experts. The criteria for determining a facility’s competence are based on the relevant international standard (e.g. ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 15189, ISO/IEC 17020). NATA provides assessment, accreditation and training services to laboratories and technical facilities throughout Australia and internationally.
Nationally Recognised Training
Defender products and system installation is performed by certified installers, who are trained by experienced height safety experts, Workplace Access & Safety, a Nationally Recognised Training Organisation (Reg. 22156) – fully accredited for unit RIIWHS204D: Work Safely at Heights.
Additional manufacturer accreditation
Workplace Access & Safety, is also a member of, and actively involved with a number of key industry standards bodies. These include:
- Standards Australia – representing the Master Builders of Australia on standards committee AS 1657-2013 (Fixed platforms, walkways, stairways and ladders – design, construction and installation)
- Registered commercial builder (Victoria, NSW, QLD, ACT, SA, WA)
- Facility Managers Association of Australia
- Institute of Hospital Engineers Association
- Australian Institute of Petroleum
- Safety Institute of Australia
- Master Builders Association of Australia